The Alabama Technology Foundation was formed to help position the State of Alabama as a leader in Technology by providing one of the largest academic Engineering and IT databases accessible to our Alabama workforce industry.
Vision: To become a recognized leader for Alabama in curriculum and workforce development within the high-demand and high-growth engineering and information technology disciplines.
- How: The ATF participates directly and indirectly in programs geared toward developing a trained and skilled workforce – targeting business demand, growth opportunities and specialization in all fields of information technology and engineering. The foundation fosters close relationships between Alabama industry, academia and government communities in areas that relate to the development of IT and engineering.
- Develop qualified engineers and information technology specialists to meet Alabama’s growing need for highly skilled professionals
- Build the largest student Database of Engineers and IT Technology Specialists to meet Alabama’s growing need for job placement
- Provide one (1) and two (2) year scholarships
- Develop talent in Alabama and keep talent in Alabama
- Provide a a well organized Alabama Business Technology Conference for our Alabama businesses with the guidance of our Business Advisory Board members