The Alabama Technology Foundation is looking for Freshmen, Sophomores, Juniors, Seniors and Grads that are enrolled in an Alabama University or Community College and are studying in the field of IT Engineering and/or Information Technology.
The Alabama Technology Foundation is focused on creating the largest Alabama student database of IT Engineers and IT Technology Specialists to meet Alabama’s growing need for highly skilled professionals.
If your studies and/or experience focuses on any of the below mentioned, then ATF wants you.
- Computer Analyst & Design
- Computer Architects (Data Storage, Network etc.)
- Cyber Security
- Data Storage / SAN / Disaster Recovery
- IT / Hardware Engineering
- IT Project Management
- Mobile Computing
- Network Security
- Software Developers (Programming/Coding/SQL/Oracle/Unix)
- Software Engineers
- VMware / Virtualization
- Web Designers / Web Based Software Development
Average Enterprise IT department has 4 – 8 Senior Level Professionals
- Entry level salaries $40K to $85k
- Median salary $79.5K
- Skilled salary range $85K to $175K
The Alabama Technology Foundation works with Corporate Sponsors to provide scholarships. Student memberships are free, but you must meet the qualifications.
- Be enrolled in an Alabama University or Community College as a Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, Senior and/or Grad with at least 9 hours per semester, unless near graduating and class availability prevents enrollment
- Have completed a full semester before enrolling
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Must enroll in and complete course work in the IT Engineering & Technology specialties identified
- Must upload a resume
- Must upload a college transcript
- Optional but recommended, upload letter of recommendation from professor or employer
- Select existing certifications
- Provide information on certifications you are currently working to achieve
The Alabama Technology Foundation works with Corporate Sponsors to provide internships for our Alabama Community College Freshmen and Sophomores; and our Alabama University Juniors/Seniors/Grads. To qualify for internship, our student members must meet these qualifications:
- Students with an overall GPA of 3.0+
- Recommended by professor
- Matches employer needs with high performing students
ATF Sponsors are Alabama businesses that make contributions to the foundation which help support the organization and provide funding for our scholarships. They are also our resource for Student Internships. They can be located throughout the State of Alabama. An ATF Sponsor may offer an Internship opportunity, which may not reside in the city that you are attending college. When answering the following questions, please let us know if you are willing to accept an Internship opportunity outside of the city in which you attend college.
NOTE: Student Membership is free, the only requirement is that you provide your GPA, upload a resume and upload your transcripts. Please read below the Authorization and our Terms and Conditions.
ALABAMA TECHNOLOGY FOUNDATION
AUTHORIZATION TO RELEASE STUDENT INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES & TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By becoming a student member of the Alabama Technology Foundation (ATF), these terms will automatically apply to you – you should make sure therefore that you have read these terms carefully before enrolling.
Terms and Conditions
In order to become a student member, you must be enrolled into a Community College or (4) year College/University that resides in the State of Alabama. One of the benefits we provide to our sponsors is access to the student database. In compliance with certain Federal and State laws, the Alabama Technology Foundation (ATF) is prohibited from releasing certain student member records and/or employment information to third parties without their electronic/written permission.
You, as a student member, are required to upload the following documents: resume and transcript. You also have the option to upload a ‘Letter of Recommendation’ from a professor. You are also required to input your GPA.
The (ATF) is prohibited from releasing student confidential information such as GPA, transcripts, and other student records information without student authorization.
Authorization to Release Information
The terms and conditions are by being a student member of the ATF I am required to release all information to the ATF sponsors.
By accepting these terms and conditions, I am granting permission to the ATF sponsors to have access to my confidential information such as my GPA, transcript, work experience, resume, letters of recommendations and all other uploads that I submit to the ATF database under my student membership.
I certify that I have read and fully understand the foregoing statements. I also understand I must inform the Alabama Technology Foundation if I wish to change any information provided on the registration page.